Success means only doing what you do well, letting someone else do the rest. Goldstein S. Truism
There are 3 major options on how to get a website for your business:
- DIY by using website builders like WIx.com, Web.com, Squarespace.com or WordPress.org (do not be confused with wordpress.com. It is totally another story)
- Hire the freelancers
- Hire a marketing company
No matter what you choose please keep in mind that there is nothing that harms your business more than abandoned, not undated, full of bugs website.
No matter what you choose please keep in mind that there is nothing that harms your business more than abandoned, not undated, full of bugs website. So, please before deciding that you can do everything DIY consider:
– the time you have to invest yourself to build a website and learn some website building and SEO basics. Even without coding (using website builders) is a pretty big volume of data
– the time you have to invest to maintain, update and make changes to your website.
– some additional expenses (hosting, domain name, security fence fee, and others) and hidden pricing. The bait is always free but good affective features cost money and you have to pay additional while using specific features on website builders.
- What credentials do we need to start working 1. We need 100%: 1.1. Domain name registrar credentials (name of registrar, login, password, pin) 1.2. Hosting (it can be the same credentials as a domain registrar or separate) 1.3 MYSQL 1.4 FTP 2. It is important to provide credentials (if you have accounts): 2.1. Google my business page 2.2. Bing Places 2.3. Yelp 2.4. Social media (FB, Instagram, Twitter, any others) 2.5. Any other 3rd party services you use online on your website Please take into consideration that we can start working on the project and be responsible for your digital presence only after all the credentials are provided.
- How to choose the best domain name for your business and aviod common mistakes The domain name you choose has a vast and long term impact on all your marketing affords. It is better if you can consider the domain name before you even choose your business name. 1. Short and memorable 2. Keywords in the domain name 3. Choose the right TDL extension 4. Use Hyphens No underlines between words when the domain name is long 5. Consider buying multiple TLD extension (help to secure your brand) 6. Consider Buying similar domain names (help to secure your brand) Do not forget about SSL certificate, Your website should be running securely (https). 7. A Decent period (one-year minimum) of registration with autopay is recommended
- What is website accessibility compliance (ADA)? A website is considered accessibility compliant when it is properly designed and built for people with disabilities, so people with disabilities can use them. Web accessibility encompasses all disabilities that affect access to the Web, including auditor, cognitive, neurological, physical, speech, visual. Making the web accessible benefits individuals, businesses, and society. Although there are some difficulties in achieving 100% website accessibility compliance. You can read about website accessibility compliance on https://www.w3.org/, which is dedicated to Strategies, standards, and supporting resources to help make the Web more accessible to people with disabilities. For more info please read our post WEBSITE ACCESSIBILITY COMPLIANCE IN THE USA
- Why don't Google My Business Pages & Google Maps Listings work properly during COVID-19? During COVID-19 pandemic Google Limited Google My Business and Google maps Listing functionality. It might seriously affect your local SEO. WHAT ARE THE MAJOR CHANGES? Review replies are now available. New user reviews, new user photos, new short names, and Q&A might be paused and will gradually return by country and business category. Google is going to publish gradually delayed user reviews and photos submitted to Google Maps. Businesses might experience publishing delays for other edit types or when contacting support about these pending edits. Delays for publication of new listings, claims, and verifications for some types of businesses to Google Search and Maps. Updated for specific industries and categories. For example, changes in April 2020 for health care providers and medical professionals. What else should I do? Goole issued really useful sources to navigate small and local businesses during the Coronavirus pandemic. Please, subscribe to Google for small business updates and read Covid-19 updated.
We arе here to help you with your online presence!