Ignoring online marketing is like opening a business but not telling anyone.
During COVID-19 pandemic Google Limited Google My Business and Google maps Listing functionality. Meanwhile, in April 2020 Google issued a specific update for health care providers and medical professionals. In this specific update for health and medical professionals, Google has introduced two new links in the Google My Business (GMB) dashboard under Info folder:
- New “COVID-19 info link” available in Google My Business for COVID-19 Update
- New “Virtual care link” available in Google My Business for Telehealth services.
New profile links. Google has dedicated GMB instructions for healthcare and medical professionals. Telemedicine is a custom service category that can be added to the GMB profile. (It will likely become a permanent service category post-COVID.) But now Google is calling out that capability with a specific link that will appear, though I was unable to find a live example, on profile and on Maps. There’s also the new COVID-19 info link to take users directly to relevant information.
Why it is important? Google has prioritized serving healthcare practitioners during a period of reduced support staffing for marketers. Consequently, many Google My Business updates have been taking much longer than normal to process and appear. And reviews have been suspended for the foreseeable future. (See, Should you continue to solicit reviews during the outbreak?)
Google recently released a best practices guide for healthcare providers. According to these instructions, a new support group for health organizations was created. In addition to Google’s best practices help page, health organizations can take part in a new technical support group that’s focused on helping health organizations who publish COVID-19 information with Search related questions. You have to Fill this form to request access to the COVID-19 Google Search group.
Its objective is to help them make their coronavirus information more accessible to the public through Google search and it might help to improve local SEO positions of your business. The company also created a technical support group for health organizations. These new links are part of Google’s larger effort to make healthcare information more accessible and to expedite the delivery of that information.
- What credentials do we need to start working 1. We need 100%: 1.1. Domain name registrar credentials (name of registrar, login, password, pin) 1.2. Hosting (it can be the same credentials as a domain registrar or separate) 1.3 MYSQL 1.4 FTP 2. It is important to provide credentials (if you have accounts): 2.1. Google my business page 2.2. Bing Places 2.3. Yelp 2.4. Social media (FB, Instagram, Twitter, any others) 2.5. Any other 3rd party services you use online on your website Please take into consideration that we can start working on the project and be responsible for your digital presence only after all the credentials are provided.
- How to choose the best domain name for your business and aviod common mistakes The domain name you choose has a vast and long term impact on all your marketing affords. It is better if you can consider the domain name before you even choose your business name. 1. Short and memorable 2. Keywords in the domain name 3. Choose the right TDL extension 4. Use Hyphens No underlines between words when the domain name is long 5. Consider buying multiple TLD extension (help to secure your brand) 6. Consider Buying similar domain names (help to secure your brand) Do not forget about SSL certificate, Your website should be running securely (https). 7. A Decent period (one-year minimum) of registration with autopay is recommended
- What is website accessibility compliance (ADA)? A website is considered accessibility compliant when it is properly designed and built for people with disabilities, so people with disabilities can use them. Web accessibility encompasses all disabilities that affect access to the Web, including auditor, cognitive, neurological, physical, speech, visual. Making the web accessible benefits individuals, businesses, and society. Although there are some difficulties in achieving 100% website accessibility compliance. You can read about website accessibility compliance on https://www.w3.org/, which is dedicated to Strategies, standards, and supporting resources to help make the Web more accessible to people with disabilities. For more info please read our post WEBSITE ACCESSIBILITY COMPLIANCE IN THE USA
- Why don't Google My Business Pages & Google Maps Listings work properly during COVID-19? During COVID-19 pandemic Google Limited Google My Business and Google maps Listing functionality. It might seriously affect your local SEO. WHAT ARE THE MAJOR CHANGES? Review replies are now available. New user reviews, new user photos, new short names, and Q&A might be paused and will gradually return by country and business category. Google is going to publish gradually delayed user reviews and photos submitted to Google Maps. Businesses might experience publishing delays for other edit types or when contacting support about these pending edits. Delays for publication of new listings, claims, and verifications for some types of businesses to Google Search and Maps. Updated for specific industries and categories. For example, changes in April 2020 for health care providers and medical professionals. What else should I do? Goole issued really useful sources to navigate small and local businesses during the Coronavirus pandemic. Please, subscribe to Google for small business updates and read Covid-19 updated.
We arе here to help you with your online presence!